Life would be so easy if everyone we interacted with was just like us. They would understand our cryptic e-mail messages, forgive our bizarre text messages, and understand why we unfriended them on Facebook. There would be no hard feelings, no conflict, and clearly, world peace. Unfortunately, no one else is exactly like you and to succeed in life and business, you have to work with the crazy, the angry, the silly, and yes, even the smarter and more articulate. This session will help you do just that. You will learn about barriers to communication and how to remove them. You’ll take the Everything DiSC assessment and find out just how different a large portion of the world really is and how to communicate more effectively with them. And you’ll even improve your listening skills (not that anyone has better ideas than you, but they might have more information). People won’t stop being crazy, but this session will help you stay sane.
Disagreement is Not Disaster - How to Turn Conflict into Better Results
Conflict can actually produce better results. This program teaches how.
1) You begin by determining what you focus on in conflict and how it differs from what others might focus on.
2) You recognize which of the 18 destructive responses you tend to have when there’s a difference of opinion. Here are a few: belittling, drama, defensiveness, exaggerating, caving in, sarcasm, passive-aggression. I’m not including actual murder, but you get the drift.
3) You learn techniques to respond differently and to understand others’ destructive responses. Part of the program is identifying and dealing with automatic thoughts and knee-jerk reactions. (You’ll be surprised how much insight you’ll gain.)
4) You become aware of the conversation you’re having and the one each of you thinks you’re having.
5) You rock the conflict by using one of 16 productive responses to defuse situations. You become immortal.